Friday, September 21, 2012

Day.64-67

So on Monday it was my first day of the EMR bridge course! At first I was like crap, im the only girl with 3 other guys. I thought it was gonna be totally awkard but it wasnt! the guys are really cool! Ryan, Stephan, and Jake. they are firefighters and already know each other. however i feel at ease and i enjoy hanging out with them so it was awesome. Jason, the instructor is really awesome as well. Hes a firefighter as well. We really do cover a lot in a short time. But its all like a refreser and review for me since I have already taken it but I def needed thereview thats for sur.
 me holding c-spine as we are getting stephan ready for transport!
 hooking up the IV set.
 Im getting ready to help with O2 by using a BVM mask.
 setting the clamp board to move Ryan onto the stretcher.
 that piece you see on his stomach is an organ sticking out!
 im checking the pedial pulse!
bandging up the organ!
these are just a few pics from the first 3 days. we do a bunch of different scenaries after reviewing/learning new things that we may encounter in the medical field. so its really cool because we learn it and than put it into practice which is great to learn. I really enjoy hand on courses. Jason is a great instructor! Im really glad I took it. It's defintly intresting on my foot, I wear my boot just to be safe and I think I may not use it next week,, I dunno yet. It depends how physio goes and how my foot feels. However it sometimes get annoying because if Im holding spinal or something I cant stay in one posision too long so I have to let go of spinal to switch, kinda annoying but what can you do?
 this is the face we practiced putting the OPA's in. they felt scarily real and it was creepy and gross kinda but it was good. Im really stoked for the next 3 days next week of the EMR course! Things we covered in the 3 days were Primary/Secondary survey, GCS, pulse oximetery, blood pressure, blood glucometery(it was kinda funny cause 2 of the guys were not too fond of getting needles), chest auscultation, spinal rolls, K.E.D(Day.1) and than choking/CPR stuff, pharmacology, setting up IV's(Day.2), anaphylaxis, asthma, pneumonia, hyperventilaton, pulmonary embolism, pulmonary edema, C.O.P.D, heart attack and angina, congestive heart failure, stroke, bleeding, amputations, impaled objects, chest injuries, abdominal and pelvic injures, and triage(Day.3).
lots of stuff we covered! on the day when we did heart attack and angina we got to have some entonox which is like laughing gas and it really affected me, it was a good thing I was strapped in because I was laughing my head off, it felt great. Everyone got to try some and it was awesome. It was my 2nd time getting to try it and I enjoy it.
Than on thursday here comes wisdom teeth out at 9:10. So what happend was my brother drove me to get the pills and perscriptions for the medicines. I got them and than I mailed off my paramedic application which I dont really remember doing and I was freaking out thinking I didnt but my brother assured me I did and than i found a recipet from the post office so I did send it off thank goodness!

woohoo! im super stoked I sent it off, all I need to do is my fitness assesment and Im good to go!
I than dont really remember the drive to the dentist than I remember attempting to get up the stairs by myself completely drugged up becuase It was about an hr since I took the pills and a nice lady took me up and helped me get up there and than I remember vaguely taking some photos of me and having stuff happen to my mouth. It felt like it only took half an hr but it was like an hr and a half. and than i remember waiting for a wheelchair but not getting wheeled out or getting into the vehicle. I dont remeber the drive home, I was staying at kayla's house and her parents took care of me! I was so greatful.
 this is me drugged and leaving on a wheelchair. Twas great.
Than I went to kayla's and I slept for like 4 hours and than I had some food. They made me pudding, and jello and I had ice cream, yougurt and it was great. They are amazing, what they did for me is above and beyond and Im so greatful to them. Than Scott came to visit me for a bit :) His sister had a volleyball game at the school so he went with his mom and sister and than visited me during the volleyball game and so that was nice to see him for a bit even though I was drugged up. Than me and Sharon had a chick flick night! :) we watched 2 movies and we had icecream and I took my pills and it was great. I than slept downstairs and that was my day off my wisdom teeth coming out! cherrio! btw its really hard to text right now cause of the drugs Im on haha.



No comments:

Post a Comment