Friday, July 13, 2012

First Day on the Job!

So for the evening I elevated my leg and woke up stiff and extremly exhausted yet wide awake at the same time. It took me a while to figure out what to do, how to do it, all in the shortest time possible as crutches are not fun to use. Laura ended up driving me to the walk in clinic to get some pain meds perscribed! thank goodness because its painful. Granted with these things I cant walk. I attmpetd to walk up my yard to get home after the hopsital but I couldnt so i ended up crawling backwards on my butt up the hill. Luckily it was grass! than today I was about to go up the stairs to go through the upstairs to get outside because where I live...lets just say there is not a easy way to get anywhere from the basement door to the road when you have crutches and can put any pressure on the leg! and so I missed a step with my crutches and landed kind of on my foot. worse pain I have ever felt. I started crying and just sat on the stairs till the pain resided and than in the end I ended up crawling backwards up the driveway on my butt to get to the vehicle...not as nice as grass I can tell you that much! and than me and laura drove to the walk in clinic, I got in right away which is awesome. Got perscribed some drugs and went to the pharmacy to get them. Got Tylenol with Codine and than went to Coopers to get some water. Luckily I saw Cody there who use to work there and he helped get the water to the vehicle! Than we went back and I was able to go down the stairs on my crutches to the front door which is awesome and ended up crawling on my butt down the stairs to the basement. ONce I got there I had a bite to eat and than called the Orthopedic place I needed to, and did a few other random things and took the medicine but it really hasnt kicked in yet! :( Im just in so much pain. Its insane. So than I decided to start a blog, and this is how this blog began. Layed in my bed and facebooked, watched some OC, ate some food and than there was a spider on the roof, and it was a fast moving one and super gross. of course ive been good with spiders since coming back from CR but laying in bed, can barley move, i was freakin out. than a bright idea came to mind. i used my crutch to hit it down than stuck a book on it. and now its no more! crutchs actually became not a pain for once! than i was just chilling in bed watching the OC and than scott came over for a bit! my boyfriend is the sweetest guy. he drove all the way out to winfield even though he could only stay an hr to hang out with me and he moved the tv  into my room and gave me a PS2 :) than lisa came over with chili and she hung out with my till 11! :) it was so nice, we played games and talked and it was super nice to actually do something!!
 this first one is of my foot before the cast went on!
 my attempt at elevation!
 lisa and I playing battleship! :)
 Lisa and I than playing well I don`t know how to spell the game
That was my first day as a cripple. Fun Fun! It hasnt even been 2 days and I`m already going insane!

No comments:

Post a Comment